Nutrients rich foods are the ones that have a high content of nutrients as against the number of calories. Having a diet rich in nutrients is essential to sustain a healthy lifestyle and a fit body.
India is an agriculture-rich land, producing a wide variety of nutrient-rich foods for a vast population. While taking a rich diet, an individual should note including these nutrients into his daily lifestyle, including Omega-3 Fats, Iron, Protein, Zinc, Vitamin B12, Vitamin, Vitamin B9.
A healthy diet will help in sustaining a lifestyle and will benefit an individual in the following manner:
- Restores the cholesterol level
- Regulate Blood Pressure
- Manage Body Weight
- Monitored Blood Sugar
Dieticians believe that there should be variety in the daily food to achieve a nutrient-rich lifestyle. Further, they also think that the consumption of plant-based substances should be increased daily.
A healthy diet should have:
- Vegetables and Fruits: Both vegetables and fruits are high in various nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants
- Whole Wheat: Foods such as whole-grain bread, brown rice, barley, and oatmeal are rich in Fiber, Protein, and Vitamin-B
- Consuming Protein: Proteins are essential for bones, muscles, and skin. Hence, it is necessary to consume foods such as milk, yogurt, fish and more
- Drinking Lots of Water: As we all know, the human body is made up of an average of 45-75% water; hence it is crucial to remain hydrated
Below mentioned are some quick tips to prepare good and healthy food:
- Food should be prepared at home and by using less or no processed food
- Recipes should be chosen, which include great vegetables and fruits. Salads should be prepared in a way that it consists of a plate filled half with vegetables and fruits
- Juices and drinks high in sugar should not be prepared at home. Even milk should also be low-fat
- At least three meals should be taken in a day, and smaller meals should be taken with a good amount of gaps between the meals
Here is a list of a few nutritious, rich foods available in India to make the best out of the meals:
- Hilsa Fish: It is advised to consume Hilsa Fish at least once a week to get the maximum benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids. Furthermore, it contains a significant amount of Vitamin D & B12 and Protein
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in Vitamin B9, fibre, beta carotene, vitamin C, and Vitamin K1. Furthermore, it also contains lutein, kaempferol, quercetin, and zeaxanthin
- Soy chunks: Soy chunks or soybeans have the highest amount of protein, but the proteins it contains are equivalent to the one found in eggs and milk. Furthermore, it is rich in fiber, iron, calcium, and magnesium
- Chickpeas: They are a significant source of proteins, Iron, Zinc, Fibre, and Vitamin B9. Consuming chickpeas consistently can help in reducing the risk of chronic diseases
- Cashews: Cashews are rich in vegetable proteins, fat, and other healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and many more
Disclaimer: This blog has been written after performing in-depth secondary research related to the topic from various articles, blogs, and journals, namely WebMD/ Healthline/Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, that have expertise in writing for healthcare.
Suppose you face any deficiency in nutrients or have any doubt related to a nutrition-rich diet, we strictly advise you to seek medical consultation. You may book an appointment with SmartCare Doctors
for the same.