Hair Fall Symptoms | Hair Fall Causes | Home Remedies for Hair Fall |
Hair loss is a widespread problem that both men and women face globally. Hair loss can be permanent and temporary depending on factors such as hormonal changes, medical conditions, radiation therapy, stress, hair treatments, diet, mineral deficiency, pollution, and genetics.
Baldness is one form of hair fall, with excessive hair fall from the scalp. It occurs in men. Hereditary hair loss with age is the main factor leading to baldness. Hair loss in women is different; women tend to face hair loss in two conditions- when the hair fall is more than 125 hair per day, and when the falling of hair is more than growing. Under both situations, the natural phenomena of hair falling and growing back is thwarted.
The most prominent symptom of hair fall, a clear sign that you should visit your doctor, is losing more than 100 hair per day or more than usual. Additionally, other significant symptoms of hair fall are as follows:
- Hair thinning on your head
- Visibility of bald spot
- Receding hairline with time and ponytails getting thinner and thinner
- Lots and lots of brush on your brush and comb every time you comb or brush your hair
- Massive hair fall at the time of hair wash, leading to clogged drains
Hair fall can affect both men and women and can be caused by many factors. Below mentioned are the factors that cause hair fall:
- Anagen Effluvium: This is a situation, where hair fall occurs due to medical treatments such as radiation therapy, and chemotherapy
- Telogen Effluvium: This occurs when a substantial number of hair follicles reaches the stage where hair fall begins
- Androgenetic Alopecia: This is the most common hair fall, where hair fall is so huge that hair on the scalp starts to get thin from the top and sides
Tips to stop hair fall-related worries
People tend to worry when they undergo hair fall, and they end up trying many things to prevent hair fall without going into the detail of same; this can have a damaging effect. Highlighted below are the common tips to stop hair fall:
- If the hair fall is massive and has been happening for some time, visiting the dermatologist and getting the proper treatment is required
- Use a gentle shampoo every time you wash your hair and apply a moisturizing conditioner after that
- Do not massage your head with hot hair oil as it can heat the scalp, thereby causing more damage to it
- Reduce the usage of curling irons, flat irons, and hot combs
- Do not blow dry on your hair to dry your hair; instead, let it dry naturally
- Do not tie your hair tightly
- Do not brush too often in a day, and whenever you brush or comb, do so gently
- Check your vitamin and protein levels and increase the same in your diet or take supplements even if needed
Preventing the hair from falling is vital before the situation becomes a nightmare. Other than visiting the doctor for medications or the salon to treat hair with chemicals, home remedies to combat hair fall can be a healthy option. Several home remedies help improve hair quality, reduce hair fall, and promote hair growth. Below mentioned are some of the quick hacks to stop hair fall:
- Eggs: Consuming eggs regularly can treat persistent hair fall, promotes hair growth, and strengthen our roots
- Amla and Lime Juice: Both amla and lime are rich in vitamin C, and vitamins are essential for hair growth. This ayurvedic hack is easy to use to reduce hair fall
- Methi (Fenugreek): Protein-rich methi provides organic nourishment to hair, removes dandruff, and helps in getting back the hair volume
- Rich Diet: Diet plays a particularly significant role in hair growth. Our hair is what we eat. Following a diet plan which includes eggs, chicken, dry fruits, yogurt, lentils, and Fruits rich in vitamin C and does not forget your greens is essential when fighting hair fall
How to Stop Hair Fall in Women with Proper Diet?
There can be multiple causes of hair fall, such as lifestyle, diet, stress, hormonal change, etc. However, hair fall may be treated at home by adopting a few measures in your dietary habits, as mentioned below:
- Eggs: Increase the intake of Eggs in your diet, as eggs are a rich source of protein which promotes hair strength
- Carrots: They are not only good for eyes but are a rich source of vitamin A, which may help in keeping hair moisturized
- Oats: They are rich in iron, zinc, and omega-6 fatty acids, which are needed to maintain both good skin and hair health
- Onion Juice: It is full of Sulphur, which may aid as a solution for hair loss
- Green Tea: It is known to revitalize the hair follicles and may promote hair growth
- Amla: Amal is rich in Vitamin C, a significant reason for hair fall. Drinking amla juice or applying the same to hair both have several benefits
When to visit the Healthcare Professional?
It is advised to visit the dermatologist when seeing the signs of hair fall. Dermatology studies various diseases related to skin, hair, nails, membranes, and genitals.
Certain homeopaths and ayurvedic doctors also provide treatment for the same. Homeopathy is a type of medical science that believes that the body has a self-healing capacity and can be cured with the help of certain plants substance.
Disclaimer: This blog has been written after performing an in-depth secondary research related to the topic from various articles, blogs, and journals that have expertise in writing in healthcare. If you have doubts about hair fall or how to grow your hair faster, we advise you to book an appointment with the doctor.
Nice blog Thanks for sharing it.
Nice Blog Thanks for Share it